Microsoft Research Asia is recruiting interns for Stars of Tomorrow Internship Program.
Position: Full-time Intern
Group: Microsoft Public Relations Group
Work Location: Beijing
Roles & Responsibilities
The Public Relations Group of Microsoft Research Asia is recruiting a full-time Graphic Design intern, who will work closely with PR team to create visually, emotionally and must professional (Microsoft metro deep understanding first) engaging communication materials.
The work would include high-visibility output for both online and physical assets for Microsoft Research Asia, includes:
- Conceptualize and design fully integrated web/email/print campaigns (email, newsletter, poster, banners, landing pages, promotions, etc.)
- Conceptualize and design internal company collateral (presentations/PPT, brand identity collateral, signage, etc.)
- Conceptualize and design communication and documentary video demos
- Work closely with vendor teams to ensure a fully cohesive and powerful Microsoft Research Asia experience across the entire PR communication stuffs.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Industrial Design, Visual Design, Communication Design or related fields
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience as a decision maker on various multidisciplinary design projects. (Design fundamentals are a must: portfolios should convey comfort with the graphic design medium including strong typography, layout, identity design, color, usability, and imagery, to name a few.)
- Ability to independently lead all aspects of the design process from conception to completion
- Clearly articulate design decisions
- Deep knowledge of typography and grid systems, pixel-perfect attention to details
- Promote design thinking in Public Relationship team and MSR
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Collaboration and mentor skill with outsourcing vendor design related company such as print co. (experience working with graphic designers and agencies)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing and editing skills in Chinese
- Good oral and written English skills
- Good Sense of Public Relations work
- Self-motivated and high attention to details
- Proactive attitude
- Availability as a full time intern of 3 months. A supervisor’s approval will be required
- An English resume will be required
Design Skillsets (Fluency in design tools practices):
- Graphic: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Expert Adobe skills)
- Vide Adobe Premier, After Effects, Flash
- Strong PowerPoint making skills
Qualified applicants please fill in the application and send it together with a full resume in both English and Chinese (PDF/Word/Txt/Html format) to: MSRAih@microsoft.com, and please note you are applying for Microsoft Research Connections.
Know more about Stars of Tomorrow Internship Program, please visit
Link of the application form：